Santa



So today, Jouven, this little boy asked me something about Santa. He started off like this,  "Teacher Amber, is there really a Santa in this world? Because Hazel say she doesn't believe in Santa."

I was stunned for like a minute, and quickly answered him, "Yes, of course there is!" like he shouldn't hesitate on this. Because he's just six, I'm not willing to expose him to the reality yet. 

And then I asked him what makes him believe that there's Santa. And you never know how a little kid can answer something like this to you. 

He said, "Because I notice every Christmas eve, my dog always barks outside. My dog actually barks when people come in, so I think that must be Santa. And in the next morning, there's always present under my Christmas tree."  

 I respect his parents for putting the present for him under the Christmas tree.

I was truly amazed by Jouven, the way he talks, the expression in one's eyes, that belief in a child's heart really melts me. 

How pure, how beautiful of a child's heart.
 What can I do, to keep this a little bit longer, one or two more years, to keep you away from the reality. 

I should really humble myself down, and learn from the children.

Comments

Popular Posts